You have no items in your shopping cart.
Skincare is not just about applying the most trending products on your skin or following a routine that everyone else is following. Taking care of your skin is about finding the right kind of ingredients and nourishing it with nothing but the best. Furthermore, skincare is always exclusive to everyone. Your skin type and concerns decide how you can take good care of your skin.
Identify your Skin Type
The nature of your skin is never constant. You may have dry skin in your teens, but it changed its type to oily as you entered your mid-20s. The reasons for this change can be lifestyle changes, weather conditions, change of place, dietary changes, or hormonal imbalances. Hence, the products that worked for you then might not work now. Therefore, to take care of your skin, the first step is to find out its type.
There are 4 major types of skin: dry, oily, combination, and sensitive. To determine your skin type, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
Clean your face thoroughly, removing every trace of makeup. Make sure you get rid of any layer of product from your face.
Use your regular face wash and clean your face with it. Do not apply any moisturizer for a good 10-15 minutes.
Analyze your skin, checking the pores and how you feel.
- If your skin feels taut and looks dull and dehydrated, you have dry skin.
- Use blotting paper and wipe it on your face. If you find oil traces, you have oily skin.
- The occurrence of oil on the T-zone and dry patches on other parts of your face indicates you have combination skin. T-zone is the area including your forehead, nose, lips, and chin. If you pay a little attention, these areas form a capital “T”. hence the name, T-zone.
- If you can see rashes, inflammation, or redness, you have a sensitive skin type.
Based on these symptoms, you can check your skin type, and this will help curate the best ways to take care of your skin.
How to take care of your skin
Let us dig deeper and find out the best ways to take care of your skin.
Dry skin needs a lot of hydration. You must moisturize well with an excellent oil-based moisturizer. Few things you can do to take better care of dry skin are:
- Never take a hot water bath. Use lukewarm water instead to avoid drying out your skin.
- Invest in a good night serum. Apply it evenly at night, and your skin will be soft and supple in the morning.
- Use a cream-based face cleanser. Better still, natural powder cleansers instead of chemically infused face wash.
- Always use sunscreen to prevent your skin from getting dehydrated.
- Drink a lot of water
See the sebum production all day on your face? This oil factory will shut with the right kind of skincare routine. Ingredients like witch hazel (Link), aloe vera (Link), and kaolin clay (Link) are your best friends. Few things you can do to manage your oily skin are:
- Wash your face twice a day. Use a water-based face wash for oil control.
- Take a face gel or a water-based moisturizer to moisturize your skin. It’s a myth that you do not need to moisturize oily skin.
- Exfoliate using a gentle scrub at least twice a week.
- To stop producing excessive oil, use a face toner before applying any layer of makeup.
Other than this, make sure you eat clean, healthy foods to avoid the shiny oil layer on your face.
A mix of both dry and oily, combination skin is the most complex. Finding the right way to take care of your skin can get confusing. However, you can follow these steps to ensure healthy, nourished, and glowing skin.
- Get an oil balancing cream to get a matte finish that looks neither shiny nor dehydrated.
- Exfoliate once a week using a gentle facial scrub.
- Do not keep touching your face as you will be transferring all the dirt
- Use a clay mask once a week to balance the oil production in your skin
This skin type is tricky, and you can’t do more experiments with it. It is also more prone to inflammation, acne, redness, and irritability. If you have sensitive skin, it often feels flushed and dull. To take care of your skin, follow these steps:
- Stay away from chemically infused products with artificial fragrances.
- Use products with eucalyptus oil and lemon to get glowing skin.
- To avoid redness and irritability, switch to natural skincare products only.
- Always apply sunscreen and avoid exposing your face to the sun.
One pro-tip is to add a sleeping mask to give a calming effect to your night skincare routine.
You shouldn’t blindly follow whatever you hear. Spend a good amount of time researching as your skin is the longest and the most significant organ of your body. Identify your skin type, decide what all ways you wish to opt to take care of it, and then finalize the products.
Sounds like a lot of work? Not to worry, team Natural Bliss is always there to help you make the decision. Get in touch with us, share your concerns, and you will be provided with a list of products that are best suited for your skin. Happy skincare!
Author: Pratibha Prasher